Skip to content

General

61 results found

1. Feedback.

I would like to thank "Wintellect" for the 3-weeks trial period (promotion code).
    I found the videos instructive and gained a lot of knowledge from them.
    I also found out that the videos present a workflow that can be used as-is for my needs, with no need for adapting the workflow to my requirements. For example, the course "C# Unit Testing" is arranged such that I can just use the video and follow it step-by-step for my unit testing.
    From time to time, while watching, I had to pause the video and make a screen-capture, in order to take important…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Sara Faatz responded

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your trial subscription and hope that you will continue to find WintellectNOW useful in meeting your learning needs. Thank you for providing feedback. We will share it with our team. Please feel free to reach out to us with any additional questions and/or feedback.

2. Categorise tutorial

It would be better if all the tutorials are categorised under one heading , say for example all WPF related tutotials should be under heading WPF.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Sara Faatz responded

Thank you for your interest in WintellectNOW and for your feedback. This will be shared with our team.

3. Have more UX related items

In particular UX in the context of scrum and lean, in addition to the general UX topics

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Sara Faatz responded

Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly updating our library and will share this feedback with our content acquisition team. Please feel free to reach out to us again with any questions or comments. Thanks again!

4. Improve Customer Service

I'm your customer for few months now. I wanted to avail the yearly renewal plan for $150, but it was very hard to do that. The response from your customer service is very poor. I sent an email few weeks ago for which I did not receive a reply at all. It is great to have very good teaching videos, but without proper customer support, it means nothing. Your customers will understand the value of your videos only when they understand the value of customer support.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Sara Faatz responded

We apologize for the inconvenience. We have responded to your request on two different occasions but have not received a response. We will contact you again by email with the instructions on how to redeem the special offer. We will include our recent communications for your review as well. We appreciate your interest in WintellectNOW. Our customers are of the utmost importance to us and we will connect with you again today.

5. Add design courses

Given the plethora of user-interface features, a basic design course that covers basic UI design for Windows, Android, and iOS would be greatly appreciated. Such a course should help tie cross-platform UI concepts together to simplify building front-ends to portable libraries. Seeing how a particular feature (page management, for example) is implemented on each of the three major platforms (as well as how they differ in Window Phone and Windows Store apps) would go a long way to making cross-platform application development actually viable. Use of Xamarin could simplity this process considerably, but that would be optional

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Sara Faatz responded

Thank you for your feedback. We will share this with our content acquisition team and we encourage you to continue reaching out with requests.

6. Add other existing Wintellect courses

Add other existing Wintellect courses,
    such as Mastering .NET Threading
    and Mastering the .NET Framework with C#

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Sara Faatz responded

Thank you for the feedback. We are continuously adding content to the library and will share this with our content acquisition team. We love the feedback please continue to share course requests with us.

7. 10 Second Rewind

While watching the videos sometimes I miss a point or didn't quite understand and I want to go back a few seconds. Using the video slider for this purpose is difficult: I go too far back, then I go too far forward ... then I lose my place. Having a button to rewind the video about 8-10 seconds would be extremely helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reduced Resolution Option

Could you offer a lower resolution streams (or off line viewing as mentioned in another post). I currently watch these videos on the train, maybe an hour a day. Somehow in 10 days I used up 70% of my 4 GB plan. Also lose my connection frequently and seems like the video will rebuffer from the start. Some consideration for us limited bandwidth folks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Group your content into buckets of :'Frontend Javascript Developer', 'Asp.net MVC Developer', ....

Thanks a lot for your content. Wintellect has approved much compared to one or two yerars ago.
    Wintellect has the potential to come equal to pluralsight. Pluarlsight is spreading to much and does not focus on some entral business competencies. One compentency could be: 'We want to be among the 3 best Frontend Developer content providers!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Good work

It is a good work but you should have more courses. See lynda and safarionline. I appreciate this work but there should be more courses to learn.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Excellent

We want more tutorials like this :We like to have Design patterns,WPF,WCF, PRISM,C# Tips and Tricks,C# in Depth. I am sure you will have huge demand where you need to think about scalability of your servers. Low price High Quality subject in depth will beat plural sight company .We are eagerly waiting for the above list.

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Sara Faatz responded

Thank you for your interest in WintellectNOW. We passed your requests on to our content acquisition team and have released courses covering many of these technologies.

12. Make grid sorting work with date columns.

Date columns on the Library grid are sorting in alphabetical order, which is functional but useless.

Also, the filters on the date column should likely be date related.

Final thing... if I'm logged in, and in the "contact support / give feedback" screen, why is the box asking for my name / email address? Don't you already know who I am?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Few important things

When your doing training sessions. Just not only focus on concepts in deep but also the following will help customers (Freshmen, Jr.Developed,Sr. Developers,Architects)

1) Try to collect stackover flow questions
    Example: Most of WPF/Windows phone developers die hard to understand dependency property,attached property, difference between control template ,datatemplate,style and template , difference between label , text box

This may help. Open google.com . Type " wpf difference between "
    then u will get list of key words.Google may help us.

2) Some concepts where interview people may ask frequently which is imp for development. example : Abstract class and interface.…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. what is limited content?

So I immediately signed up with the "limited" account (no brainer right, I can think about spending $ when I get home)...but I've no idea what is open to the limited account in terms of videos. Granted I don't have a lot of time to poke around, but didn't see anything off hand. Do you have a page that shows what limited has access to? Thanks. Jason.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Disable right-click functionality in full screen viewing (if you can)

... that's how I was able to access the .mp4 files for all of your videos. Right click --> Inspect Element --> click the mp4 link.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Re-film "Pimp My Perfect Developer Machine"

This video was very difficult to suffer through. I understand the need for using a handheld camera, but get a tripod or at least image stabilization.

For the rest of the video, the resolution is so low as to make most screens (that aren't PPT slides) unreadable. You could at least zoom in to the pertinent areas of the screen.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Save current position in video

Have a current position cookie, or other mechanism with the position in the video, so you can take a break and come back.

Currently if you return to a video, you're at the beginning.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. also provide content using the html5 <video/> tag as well as h.264 streams for Ipad\Iphone (similar to ustream\youtube)

There are a lot of BYOD going on today, and is difficult to provide content that fits all devices. What some content providers are doing is providing content using different variances of streaming technology.
    E.g. Ustream provides H.264 content streams, Flash Streams, and utilizes html5 <video/> tags to ensure it hits a good portion of the devices.
    Example: http://iphone-streaming.ustream.tv/ustreamVideo/1524/streams/live/playlist.m3u8

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. TEST